Memberships available from
JUST £25 P/M
Find out more
December 3, 2019
At Surrey Sports Park, we’re embracing the Purple Light Up campaign this year and are proud supporters of International Day of Persons with Disabilities and the worldwide #PurpleLightUp movement.
Created by PurpleSpace, the #PurpleLightUp day asks us all to celebrate the economic contributions made by disabled people and to rubbish the notion that anyone is a financial burden on society.
In the UK alone, one in seven of us live with disability, but half of this number are currently unemployed – a shocking waste of talent and potential.
The Surrey Sports Park is welcoming this effort and we have recently
– Added Braille signage around the building
– Enlarged cubicles in the changing village to allow more wheelchair access
– Added handrails to the showers and changing areas to assist those with mobility issues
We also have a number of activities to encourage the use of our sport facilities, including:
– Dolphin Swimming Club on a Friday at 11.45am to 12.45pm in the main pool. This is an inclusive session for those with physical or mental health impairments. Everyone is made to feel welcome with swimmers aided by personal care and in water volunteers
– Our Saturday Sports Club on Saturday from 2.30pm to 4.30pm in the arenas. These provide a fully inclusive, fun, multi-sport sessions for young people with special educational needs and disabilities from 8 years old and their families. All activities take place in a fun, safe and friendly environment, led by fully trained staff.
– Disability Challengers – these provide truly inclusive, fun and safe places where all disabled children and young people can spend time with their friends. To offer a positive impact for families and the wider community.
Help us to drive awareness and join the global movement to support the rights of persons with disabilities. For more information on this movement, visit www.purplespace.org/resources/pdf/PurpleLightUp_PDF.pdf
Surrey Sports Park Covid-19 Update
We are ready to welcome you back on 25th July!
The government has given the green light to reopen our doors and we cannot wait to have you back. We are Ready… Are you?