A common goal is to burn calories and blast body fat, and the new trend is to get this done quickly and effectively. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is the way forward: short periods of intense anaerobic activity with short recovery periods.
Why Does HIIT Work?
- HIIT workouts keep burning calories for hours after your workout
- Burns 9% more fat than standard ‘steady state’ training*
- Increases your fitness levels in half the time than low intensity training
The HIIT prescription
- Replace an hour a week of your normal training routine with 2 HIIT sessions
- Endorphins from an intense workout in a group environment can be more enjoyable and boost mood
- Yes, it’s hard, but it’s incredibly rewarding
At Surrey Sports Park we offer Sweat classes that will get you maximum results. Why not explore a new way to work out?
- GRIT: GRIT is a 30-minute HIIT workout featuring high-knee runs, burpees, mountain climbers, tuck jumps, squat jumps and more which burns approximately 400 calories and kick-starts an accelerated metabolism. It is scientifically-designed to drive your heart-rate into specific training zones which take your fitness to the next level. There are two versions here at Surrey Sports Park:
- Strength:Utilising barbells and weight plates
- Cardio:Purely bodyweight exercises
- CXWorx: CXWorx gives fast results to help you build not just a stronger core, but a stronger everything – and it can be tailored to challenge you, whatever your fitness levels. This 30-minute workout uses resistance tubes and weight plates, as well as body-weight exercises like crunches and hovers. It’s ideal for tightening your torso, tummy and bum, improving functional strength and helping you avoid injury.
- Synrgy Fast Class: A 30-minute HIIT class around our functional Synrgy 360 frame in the gym. Synrgy provides atotalbody workout as you alternate between 12 workstations for a set period. Equipment used can includea TRX suspension kit, slamballs, battle ropes and IC7 bikes alongside full body movement with crunches and burpees.
- ICG HIIT: A 30-minute indoor cycling class suitable for both new and experienced cyclists. This time efficient HIIT class utilises the ICG Coach by Colour, Classic and Connect styles to give you a varied and thorough workout.
- Battlecamp: Our outdoor circuit-style bootcamp class differs from anything else on offer. Battlecamp incorporates bodyweight moves such as squats, lunges, push-ups and bear crawls, alongside rowers, battle ropes and tire flips. This combination of both strength and HIIT-type circuits provides a full body workout.
Add one of these workouts to your fitness routine by booking here: https://www.surreysportspark.co.uk/onlinebooking
*The Hit List: Les Mills, Fit Planet https://www.lesmills.com/uk/fit-planet/fitness/five-reasons-to-try-hiit/