High Performance Athlete Support Scheme
The University of Surrey offer up to 12 sports scholarships to athletes of exceptional ability.
The High Performance Athlete Support Scheme (HPASS) is designed to assist talented student athletes fulfill their sporting potential whilst achieving academic excellence and aims to provide individually tailored, practical solutions and services to students that are both specific to their sport and academic situation.
The following services will be available to all HPASS students:
- Free access to all facilities at Surrey Sports Park
- Individual strength and conditioning program
- Physiotherapy and sports massage
- Physiological assessments and advice through Surrey Human Performance Institute
- Regular workshops on a range of subjects including strength and conditioning, lifestyle, injury prevention, sports nutrition and psychology
- Nutritional analysis and sports psychology support
- A dedicated performance manager
The aim of the HPASS is to provide specific support that meets the needs of each individual. All sports are different and this is reflected in our approach to providing your support. Our Performance Manager will not only work closely with you but also in conjunction with your coach, your tutor and (where applicable) your national governing body to design the most suitable support programme for you.
How to apply
To be considered for the 2013/14 High Performance Athlete Support Scheme please download and complete an application form online here.
Performance Sport Manager
T. +44 (0) 1483 682133