Professional Sports Training Camps
Surrey Sports Park is a state-of-the-art training facility suitable for elite athletes. Designated as an official Pre-Games Training Base for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Park played host to 17 nations from all across the world in a variety of sports.
Based in Guildford, Surrey, 35 mins from Central London and close to both major London airports, this fantastic facility with accommodation is the ideal venue to prepare for major sporting events.
What we can offer
As all athletes will know, every successful season begins with strong pre-season training. Surrey Sports Park offers excellent training facilities in the picturesque surroundings of Surrey. These settings enable athletes to escape from everyday life and training environments, and take advantage of some of the specialist additional services on offer.
Thanks to the excellent facilities and proximity of 4* accommodation, Surrey Sports Park is able to host a wide range of sporting tournaments with spectator provision, multi-sport coaching camps, weight control camps and many more to suit everyone. There are fully qualified fitness instructors and sports coaches on hand at all times to help with the needs of participating athletes, and after a hard session there is the choice of Starbucks or The Bench Sports Bar to replenish fuel and relax, with a variety of team catering and sports nutrition options available.
There are a number of spacious team rooms in Surrey Sports Park, but if there is the need for further rooms, or a larger area, the Stag Hill campus can offer lecture theatres which can seat up to 400 people, with built in video and sounds equipment.
Accommodation, Food and Beverage
Not only can athletes benefit from the world-class facilities at Surrey Sports Park, but the University of Surrey can also offer 2,366 en-suite rooms, at Manor Park and Stag Hill residences.
There are various catering options around Surrey Sports Park and the University’s Stag Hill campus:
- The Bench Sports Bar - a traditional sports bar based at Surrey Sports Park, offering a range of hot and cold meals, snacks and drinks, while guests enjoy a range of live sport on our big screen TVs, including Sky Sports, BT Sport and ESPN
- Hillside Restaurant – can cater for 400 at any one time and provide bespoke menus and can be transformed to an excellent event venue.
- Chancellors Restaurant and Bar – serving food from soups and sandwiches to full cooked meals.
- Lakeside Restaurant – high quality food and drink for a more formal dining experience.
- Wates House – also serves a wide range of hot and cold food and drink – Another location used for conferences with a number of different event rooms.
- Starbucks – one at Surrey Sports Park, one on the Stag Hill campus and one in the Guildford School of Acting.
- Sorrentos – coffee shop.
Surrey SportsPark is situated in Guildford, at the heart of Surrey. As part of the University of Surrey it is located a short distance from the main campus, close to the Royal Surrey County Hospital and Manor Park accommodation.
Surrey Sports Park is located just 25 miles from London Heathrow and 40 miles from London Gatwick. There is a diret train link to Gatwick which runs twice every hour and takes 40 minutes, and from Heathrow there is a coach service twice-hourly which ends at Woking, from where there are regular trains to and from Guildford.
Surrey Sports Park
Richard Meyjes Road
Guildford, Surrey. GU2 7XU
T. +44 (0)1483 683706