Parking at Surrey Sports Park
Surrey Sports Park has two car parks available to members and guests using our facilities from 6am- 11.30pm, Monday – Friday. The car parks are currently managed through restrictions that limit overnight parking but allow parking throughout the day, with the first 3 hours being free of charge and no additional action required.
Our Car Parks
- The Top Car Park (119 spaces)
- The Overflow (234 spaces)
- A third car park by the Nursery is available from 5pm- 11.30pm Monday - Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday, (220 spaces). This car park is University permit only at all other hours and is managed by the University’s Security department.
In addition there are 11 disabled bays, a drop off/pick up area, larger bays for up to 4 coaches to park and facilities for motorbikes.
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) System
Surrey Sports Park will be introducing an ANPR system on 1st May, 2017. This system will record the number plates of all cars entering and leaving the two main SSP car parks.
- The system will offer 3 hours of free parking and will require no action from anyone parked if leaving within the time period
- If a user’s stay is longer than 3 hours, the user will be expected to report to Reception and register their number plate details and reason for extending the stay. A parking exemption of a further 2 hours can then be applied for that registration number
- Any cars parked for longer than 3 hours with no details entered at a contact point will automatically incur a parking penalty notice of £70, reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days
- All parking charge notices will be sent out through the post to the registered keeper of the vehicle.
In addition to the ANPR system, we will be deploying Horizon parking staff into the car park at known busy periods to ensure that cars are parked in allocated parking spaces. This is in response to cars that have frequently been seen on double yellow lines, in disabled bays with no valid badge, in the drop off bay and in the coach park.
A Parking Charge Notice (PCN) of £70 will be issued where vehicle users;
- Exceed the maximum stay
- Return with 1 hour
- Park between 11.30pm - 6am
- Park on double yellow lines or hatched areas
- Park out of marked bay
- Park obstructively
- Park in a disabled bay without displaying valid disabled badge
To contest a PCN you will need to contact Horizon Parking.
Waterhouse Business Centre
2 Cromar Way
Email: email@example.com or call 01245 392 289